What adds value to a kitchen?
What Enhances the Value of a Kitchen?
Are you in the process of renovating your kitchen or considering it? It’s always a good idea to plan out the changes you want to make ahead of time. It may be difficult to determine which are worthwhile investments and which are not. That’s why we have taken the time to put together this list of things that will update your kitchen and provide value for years to come—right now!
1. Make Sure It’s the Right Height: One size does not fit all when it comes to kitchen countertops. The ideal height for a kitchen countertop is determined by the height of the cooktop and the people who will use it.
The ideal countertop height for a cooktop that is 36 inches (91.4 cm) from the floor is 40 inches (101.6 cm). Most people will find this a comfortable working height, and there is plenty of space underneath for cabinets and storage.
If your cooktop is higher or lower than 36 inches, the height of your countertop must be adjusted accordingly. For example, if your cooktop is 30 inches (76.2 cm) from the floor, you’ll want a countertop that is 34 inches (86.4 cm) tall.
2. Use a Color Scheme that is Neutral: This can help to make your kitchen feel more spacious and bright, and it can also be a great way to update the look of your kitchen without undergoing a full renovation.
3. Refresh Cabinets: If your kitchen cabinets are looking a little worn, consider giving them a new coat of paint or new hardware. This is a quick and easy way to update the look of your kitchen without spending a lot of money.
4. Change the Lighting: One of the most effective ways to upgrade your kitchen is to replace old lighting fixtures with new ones. This will instantly brighten and revitalize the space. New lighting fixtures are available at most home improvement stores and online. Changing out the light fixtures is another great way to update your kitchen without breaking the bank. This is a simple way to add a touch of style that is also relatively inexpensive.
5. Fixtures should be updated: If your kitchen is starting to look a little dated, updating the fixtures is one of the best ways to give it a new look. This can be as simple as replacing worn-out hardware with new pulls and knobs, or as complex as installing new light fixtures. When choosing new fixtures, make sure to pick ones that will complement the other elements in your kitchens such as the countertops, cabinets, and appliances.
6. Include a Splashy Backsplash: A backsplash is an excellent way to add character and style to your kitchen. It can also be a useful way to protect your walls from spills and splashes. There are numerous ways to make a statement in your kitchen, whether you want a simple tile backsplash or something more creative.
7. Update Finishes: This can be accomplished by painting the cabinets, replacing the hardware, or simply adding new accessories.
8. Perform an Appliance Check: Replacing old appliances with new, energy-efficient models is one way to modernize your kitchen. Not only will this help you save money on your energy bill, but it will also make your kitchen look more modern.
When it comes to updating your kitchen, there are numerous ways to make your design stand out. The key is to understand what will add the most value to your space in the long run.