What Is the Average Time to Replace Kitchen Cabinets and Countertops?
Many thoughts run through your mind when you decide it’s time to remodel your kitchen. What is the average time it takes to replace kitchen cabinets and countertops? When done by a professional contractor, installing new kitchen cabinets usually takes 2 to 3 days. Installation usually takes no more than 7 to 10 days when combined with new countertops and a full remodel.
How Long Do Countertops and Cabinets Take to Install?
Installing kitchen cabinets and countertops is a relatively simple task, but it can take some time.
The steps are as follows:
1. Determine what you require: If you are only replacing cabinets, make a list of which ones are broken or missing and place an order for replacement parts from your supplier. If you’re also replacing countertops, make a list of everything you’ll need and place an order with your supplier.
2. Gather the necessary tools: A saw, drill, screwdriver, measuring tape, hammer, and nails are required.
3. Remove the old cabinets: Begin by removing the cabinet doors if they are not hinged to the wall. Before removing any damaged or loose screws, pry them out with a screwdriver.
4. Measure and mark the new cabinet locations: With the measuring tape, measure and mark the length of each side of the hole that will be cut in the wall. Because you’ll have to nail it in place later, make sure each side of the cabinet fits perfectly into its designated spot on the wall.
5. Drill screw holes: Drilling holes in drywall can be difficult because you don’t want to go too deep or break through to the underlying framing materials. To avoid over-tightening later, use a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the screw size you’re using. Countertop installation is much simpler now that there are